“FOR TWENTY YEARS, AMERICA’S LEADING CONSUMER ADVOCATE FOR ONLINE COLLEGE STUDENTS. “
“ONE OF AMERICA’S LEADING EXPERTS ON EDUCATIONAL FRAUD AND DEGREE MILLS. “
Joyce Lain Kennedy
Pug Dog Earns Online MBA –
A Cautionary Tale
Can Online Ed Help
You Get a Job?
Best Online MBAs –
5 Key Factors
- EdTech Magazine – Teachers Get Educated!
- GetEducated Blog – Online Masters with no GRE?
- GetEducated Blog – ABA Law Degrees Online?
- APA Accredited Psychology Doctorate Online?
- AACSB Accredited MBA Online?
- Cheapest Online MBA by Accreditation?
- Top Online Colleges for Old Hippies and New Hipsters
- 4 Best Online Colleges – Life Experience Degrees
- 3 Reasons Consumers Should Avoid Competency-Based Degrees
- SALON – Teaching Online Education in the Ether
- CNN/Industry Standard – University.com – Future of Higher Ed Economics
- Virtual University Business Digest – Death of the Course
- Training Magazine (ASTD) – Selecting an Online Authoring System
- HR Magazine – Online Universities for HR Professionals
- Internet World – Online Master’s Degrees
- Nation’s Business – Virtual Classrooms: Real Education
- Adult Learning – 5 Rules for Developing Adult Degree Programs
- AMA Handbook – Motivating and Retaining Online Learners
Sourced in Media
- Time Magazine
The $7,000 Computer Science Degree
Time Magazine taps Vicky Phillips‘ expertise on national cost data on online computer science degrees to benchmark the comparative cost of a new $7,000 MOOC degree offered online from Georgia Tech University in partnership with Udacity.
- Mindwire Consulting
e-Literate Blog – Phil Hill, Analyst
Higher Education analyst Phil Hill examines what went wrong inside Indiana’s community college system, Ivy Tech. Vicky Phillips is cited in Hill’s detailed analysis of two decades of trouble that led to the school’s financial implosion.
“Poor internal management married up with decades of external pressure and infighting to create this mess.
Ivy Tech is a case study of many of the back-breaking issues facing higher education today.
I think that Vicky is right in her analysis. This is not to argue that public higher education should get out of the way. It is simply a description of what is happening.”
- US News & World Report
Different Paths to a College Degree
- Wired Magazine
Best Online Ed Site Cool Tools Award – 2013
Database Fights Degree Mills – 2005
Officials Spot Fake Degrees – 2004
- Kiplinger Finance – Best Online Master Degrees
- Wall Street Journal –
For-Profit Colleges Worth the Cost?
WSJ Special Report:
Online Learning: Leisure Learning Market?
Going Online for a MBA?
Who’s Sending Online Education Spam?
Real Online MBA with No Bachelors?
- Tribune Media – Careers
Joyce Lane Kennedy
Best Online Nursing Degree Indiana
Where to Get Online Masters Justice?
What’s Up with Online Degree Mills?
What to Pay for Online Management Degree?
No-Frills Online Ed for Grown-Ups
- CNN Bottom Line
Can Online Ed Help you
Find a Job?
Developing start-up It’s Only Natural, a digital marketing firm dedicated solely to promoting natural healthcare practitioners and developing health and alternative medicine product and device business plans for consumer market.
1999 – 2015 – Founded the first online degree rating and review site, GetEducated. The site refused pay per lead and pay for action ads, separating ads from editorial to provide the most comprehensive and accurate database of America’s most affordable (Best Buy) online colleges and best and worst schools based on student reviews and public perception.
> Sold in a multi-million, self-brokered cash deal. June 2015
2005 – Founded the Diploma Mill Police (R), a free service that helped consumers, HR personnel, and corporations screen for fraudulent credentials and diploma mill degrees. My Pug dog, Chester Ludlow, was the first dog ever to earn an online MBA
> Sold, June 2015.
Vermont Dog Earns
1989 – 2000 – Developed, managed, marketed first private subscription based newsletters on e-learning product and service development for executive B-2-B amd B-2-C markets. The Virtual University Business Digest and Global E-Learning News. Consulted and authored brand positioning, market demand, and market feasibility studies for Hungry Minds, Simon and Schuster, Multi-Media Courseware, Monster, Prime Learning, Prometheus, and other pioneers in e-learning product and services online.
1989 – Developed and managed the first online counseling center, the Electronic University Network, for adult students seeking career credentialing and degrees online through AOL’s entrepreneurial Greenhouse Project.